Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sunday and Monday were pretty trying for Melissa. Dad was originally not going to let me speak to Melissa on Monday night because she was feeling so ill. She did pick up for the phone for literally a few sentences to simply say I love you.

Tuesday night she claimed she felt “almost human again.” She’s been able to get out of the house and go for drive with Dad for a bit. Her appetite has also returned to pre-chemo status, including a resurgence in her craving for a Philly cheese steak sandwich. That doesn’t mean she’s actually eating Philly cheese steak sandwiches, just craving them.

This will be the dinner I make the next time I come home (I may substitute American cheese for another type. American cheese is icky.) Any other suggestions?


Cheesesteak Soup on the Food Network

3 comments:

  1. With a Philly cheese steak you've got to use provolone! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she is bouncing back. When is the next treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've added you to my Google Reader. Praying everyday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete