Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wigs and Whatnots




This weekend I visited heaven on earth aka the Jim Henson exhibit at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens. Besides squealing with glee at the sight of an actual Kermit the Frog, and plopping on bean bag chair to watch some scenes from Sesame Street, I watched video of Jim Henson explaining the “Whatnot” muppets. They’re generic puppets that eyes, ears, noses, and hairstyles can be switched around easily to make new characters.

 While I was learning about Whatnots, Melissa was getting to experience the real life whatnot-ness that is wig shopping. She hasn’t settled on a style yet, but this is the front-runner.
I think she should get a blonde one, just for fun.
 
Other than that she’s been experiencing some ups and downs. She’s had a few visitors over the past weekend that have helped pass the time, but then nature told the wild child to stop partying so hard and hit her with some major fatigue yesterday. The only thing she wanted to do was sleep.  Today she was feeling better, so she and dad went for a ride in his convertible. That’ll pick anyone up.  
(Someone please tell my dad that… and maybe mention that he should let me take Melissa for a drive when I come home for Thanksgiving.)
 

3 comments:

  1. Oooo. I like it. You look beautiful, Melissa. You really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I think you found a winner... it's cute!! Although blonde may be fun too. Hang in there girl! Love ya, Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete